Thursday, May 22, 2008

Season officailly Begins, Beware of this 'Gentleman'!!

I have patiently wanted for this exact moment all Spring Training (which I attended twice a week), the first opportunity to blow up for no reason. A random wiffleball experience in which I can project all of my pent up rage and criticism for no apparent reason and not a bit of positive outcome. I had intended to pen this post TODAY before my season opener just to ruffle a few feathers and more importantly amuse myself. The latter is the most honest statement. I may make in this into an entire blog, possibly all season.



On that note, let's begin with the fact that The Gentlemen will be making another appearence in the Township Series this year! Sorry 'guys', but you are nothing but a case of Rectal ITCH.



Now, to biggest piece of non-sense, the protested game. As, co-commish (I position in which I actually take seriously) I was made aware of this situation as soon as I was available, on Tuesday afternoon just before the Internet viewing audience was notified. We conversed on the subject and I feel that the absensce of a batter in a line-up once a game has begun by rule (which are posted and all Vets are pretty familiar with) is an out for the rest of the said game. With all of the blogging/posting and grievences aside, I will make it clear that this is in fact the manner that on ALL League issues, Brian contacts me we talk it over with each other without ANY bias and to put it out there I am not afraid to tell him that he is wrong, suprisingly enough he actually listens. To also make it crystal-clear no one has lost or WON that game quite yet! There is no harm!



So, this has been a GREAT and positive learning experience for both of us. We are now aware that a Commitee, not just to the two of us, is necessary. As of now, it consists of the Commishes, Jim from the Indians, and Daryl of the Industrials. As of now (like it was handled on Tuesday) these reps will be contacted and a group resolution will be made. We are all adults and that really doesn't need to be said. When that statement has to be said from the most immature player(just ask my parents!) in the League, it is sad!



I have rambled for long enough and maybe all of this doesn't make sense or hit home, but let's remember that we ALL are playing a child's game in order to have fun and to be a part of something. Let's just drop it, and if it's not clear...............I will be filling the role of "bad-cop" this season. Feel free to call me an asshole the next time you see me at your game because I will probably be there doing what I can to help the League and make that one call that no one wants to! Beware I may just follow up that asshole shout with a firm handshake and any even firmer man-hug!!! Let's play ball!!!!

1 comment:

monkeyevil said...

I like drinking with you.